Prep-time: 20 minutes / Ready In: 1 hour 20 minutes
Makes 4 cups
- 4 medium bananas, peeled, frozen at least 2 hours, and cut into 1-inch chunks (3 cups)
- 8 ounces frozen strawberries (2⅓ cups)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (optional)
- Dash sea salt
- 1 ounce unsweetened dark chocolate, chopped
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- In a food processor combine frozen bananas, frozen strawberries, maple syrup (if using), and salt. Cover and process until smooth and creamy, stopping processor a few times to scrape down sides. Stir in chocolate.
- Serve immediately for soft-serve, or for a firmer ice cream, transfer mixture to an airtight freezer-safe container. Freeze 1 to 2 hours. If desired, garnish with mint leaves.