Prep-time: 30 minutes / Ready In: 1 hour 20 minutes
Makes 16 brownies
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- ¾ cup whole pitted dates, chopped (4 oz.)
- ½ cup mashed banana
- ½ cup unsweetened, unflavored plant-based milk
- ¼ cup natural no-salt-added peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats, ground
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons pure cane sugar
- 1½ teaspoons regular or sodium-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 bananas
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl combine flaxseed meal with 6 Tbsp. water; let stand 5 minutes. Place dates in another bowl; add boiling water to cover. Let stand 5 minutes; drain. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil.
- In a blender or food processor combine flaxseed mixture, drained dates, mashed banana, milk, peanut butter, and vanilla. Cover and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine the next five ingredients (through salt). Add blended date mixture; stir together just until moistened. Spoon into the prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until puffed and set. Cool on a wire rack at least 30 minutes.
- Using a fine-mesh sieve, dust brownies with powdered sugar. Cut into 16 brownies. Thinly slice bananas. Fan slices over the tops of brownies. Serve immediately.