Prep-time: 30 minutes / Ready In: 1 hour
Makes 10 taquitos
- 1½ cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4½ teaspoons salt-free taco seasoning
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 10 5-inch corn tortillas
- 1¼ cups guacamole
- Preheat air fryer to 320°F for 8 minutes.
- For filling, in a saucepan cook mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, and garlic in ¼ cup water over medium about 10 minutes or until onion starts to turn translucent, stirring occasionally. Add water, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, as needed to prevent sticking. Stir in beans, tomato paste, and taco seasoning. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in riced cauliflower, lemon juice, and salt. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Wrap in a kitchen towel to keep warm. To assemble taquitos, lay a warm tortilla on a clean surface. Spoon tablespoons filling horizontally across middle of tortilla. Starting from edge closest to you, roll up tortilla, tucking it under filling and rolling tightly to make a thin roll. Place assembled taquito on a tray lined with an additional kitchen towel. Keep covered. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Transfer half of the taquitos, or as many as can fit, into the air fryer. Air-fry 5 to 7 minutes or until tortillas are crisp and slightly browned around the edges. Serve warm with guacamole.