Prep-time: 1 hour 15 minutes / Ready In: 3 hours
Makes 4 pizzas
- 1½ cups unsweetened, unflavored plant-based milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons date paste
- 1¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour, divided
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1½ teaspoons miso paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ of a 14-oz. can artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 1 roasted yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¾ cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 8 to 10 fresh basil leaves, torn
- For dough, in a small saucepan heat ½ cup of the milk and the date paste over low until warm (105°F to 115°F), stirring to combine. Remove from heat. Sprinkle active dry yeast and the 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour over milk mixture. Cover; set aside in a warm place 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl stir together the remaining ¼ cup all-purpose flour, the whole wheat flour, and the ¼ tsp. salt. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture; knead to form a dough. If dough is sticky, add additional all-purpose flour 2 Tbsp. at a time or until dough is pliable. Cover bowl with a cloth; let stand in warm place 1 hour while dough rises.
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F for 10 minutes. Cut parchment paper into four 7-inch squares. Sprinkle a clean work surface with additional flour. Divide dough into four equal portions; form each portion into a ball. On floured surface roll one dough ball into a 7-inch circle. Poke circle several times with a fork.
- Sprinkle flour over one piece of the parchment. Place dough circle on parchment. Lift parchment by edges and place in air fryer. Air-fry 8 minutes to partially bake crust. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a blender combine the remaining 1 cup milk, the beans, nutritional yeast, miso paste, garlic, and ½ cup water. Blend until smooth. Pour sauce into a large skillet. Stir in lemon juice, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Spread ⅓ cup sauce over each partially baked crust. Top evenly with mushrooms, artichoke hearts, bell pepper, and tomatoes. Air-fry each pizza 6 to 8 minutes more or until vegetables begin to brown. Remove and sprinkle with basil. Serve immediately.